Monday, July 2, 2012

For the Birds

Nothing terribly important happened over the weekend, except I decided to start getting over my fear of birds. It's getting silly because I HAVE a bird, and I like him, I really do- but when he starts with the bird stuff (like LOOKING at me), I just can't even. And there's a nest of baby birds on my balcony. I saw them once, poking their heads out, and it's since been easier to pretend they aren't there.

I'm not entirely sure what I have to do in order to not be afraid of birds, but I'll totally do it. I'm probably going to have to ask someone to MAKE me touch one or something, which sounds marginally preferable to death, at least.

Anyway, today I hung out with my cousin, who I'm determined will end up nothing like me. ("Random Teenage Heartthrob is so awesome!"... "You know what's really awesome? STUDYING HARD AND BEING YOUR OWN PERSON AND NEVER TALKING TO BOYS, EVER.") She was watching a Disney Channel thing and I got sucked in, but I was really impressed that the message was "Don't date terrible people, no matter how cute they are!" Because I've had so many moments where I'm like, "YES, I know he's a misogynist who can't spell and possibly has a criminal record and is maybe insane, BUT HE HAS PRETTY EYES!!" And then all my loved ones are like, "Yeah, sure he has pretty eyes, and he keeps them in a jar on his nightstand, and thinks of them fondly when he feasts on the neighborhood cats." But if Disney is going to encourage NOT dating cat-eating whackjobs, I completely approve.

No comments:

Post a Comment