Friday, July 5, 2013

Toxic

Last night I backcombed the hell out of my hair (because it looks best when I've damaged it horribly). Didn't take it down when I went to bed, and then today I went swimming in a saltwater pool, so basically I have a huge salty matted mass at the back of my head.

I also did a lot of thinking. Some of the hardest things I've ever had to do were deciding not to talk to someone, either temporarily or permanently- but you know that even if you say "It's not forever", there's a chance it will be. I don't like not talking to someone, or not returning texts or reminding myself that no, I am NOT going to call. I remember when I was younger, if someone was being an ass, my mom would tell me not to talk to them, and I could never make myself. As I've gotten older, I've realized that my mom was right, and sometimes, it really is the best way.

Being right doesn't make it easier. I'm not someone who connects easily, so when I find someone who, for whatever reason, I connect to, I don't want to let them go.

But what if that's the best option?

No comments:

Post a Comment